Tanya: Sylvia, thank you. I appreciate all that you do as well. My name is Tanya Smith and I am a creative branding and business identity strategist specializing in showing women solopreneurs how to get clear, get known and get paid with profitable personal branding and marketing systems. Through my company, Be Promotable, I provide my clients with fresh actionable strategies to reinvent themselves as power players in their profession. In addition, here is a link of a video of what I do: http://videobio.com/coachtanya.
Sylvia: Thank you Tanya. Success is…
Tanya: To me, success is acknowledging the gift of service you have to deliver to the world, and being resilient enough to see your gift shared no matter what obstacles try to hold that gift back.
Sylvia: Yes, I love that! How do you give back to your community?
Tanya: Well, a minimum of 10% of my work is performed in a pro bono basis. I tithe back what I’ve been blessed to do financially and in giving away what I’ve learned to help other women become promotionally-savvy. I also do work with youth and parents, educating them on the responsible way to use Internet technology.
Sylvia: How do you create work/life balance?
Tanya: I create balance in my life by constantly managing boundaries and automating everything that can be duplicated. I do this through electronic resources as much as possible – making it work for me instead of becoming a slave to it. And my children are great reminders; they don’t let me forget!
Sylvia: What tips can you share with women business owners?
Tanya: I have a set of tips that have recently been published in a guide called Build Your Business – 70 Tips from a Collection of Experts. Here are some B.R.A.N.D. tips that can be used by all business owners:
BRAND Your Business
- Be clear on your business identity. Knowing who you are, what you do, and how you do it is half of what it takes to successfully promote your business. The other half is to know your market.
- Research your market. When you understand the demographics of your market, their biggest challenges, their desires, and their fears you can adequately choose a fitting solution for which you become the expert.
- Analyze the competition. Branding your business powerfully means you understand how to stand out from the competition. Define your SWOT – strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats.
- Niche your remarkable difference. Isolate the unique set of skills, experiences and offerings you provide. Being able to share your unique value in a succinct, but powerful manner can boost your brand recognition.
- Define your signature system. You have a set of steps or processes you follow with each client to get to a solution. Identify them and package them as your “secret sauce” and turn your technique into gold with a distinctive product line.
Sylvia: Thank you for sharing your time and expertise with our members and subscribers. How can we get in touch with you?
Tanya: You are welcome, my contact information is below:
Contact: Tanya Smith, Certified Personal Branding & Online Identity Strategist
Find out more & stay socially connected at: http://about.me/tanyasmith