Listening to the news and watching in our communities, I have noticed how this current generation lives as if someone owes them something. Some of our children have no desire in making a better life for themselves. The opportunities are out here for them but due to hard work it may take for them to acquire it they tend to refrain. When I look in the jails and juvenile facilities, I see boys and girls that gave no thought about the consequence of their actions. Some of our babies are living with no sense of expectation of the future. This whole picture makes me so upset and I always wonder what is it that I can do to make a difference. Being a saved mother I had to do a mirror check on my life and ask myself what is it that I am doing in my home to make an effective change in our society. God started speaking to me and so gently said,
Daughter, my Word says in Proverbs Train up a child in the way they should go and when they are old they shall not depart from it. I started writing and this is the direction God gave to me.
- Teach and direct your daughter on how to make quality decisions (Think before she does)
- Teach her how to listen (James 1:19-20)
- Focus/Pay Attention to the things that will make a great difference in her life (School, parental guidance, etc.)
- Train her to have respect for herself (Matt 7:12)
- Most of all teach her “responsibility”.
I stopped to research the word responsibility — one that is accountable to somebody for an action. I started asking God to show me ways to teach my daughter this message and the next thing He spoke to me was: Daughter you need to be her example, she should d see how your walk with me makes you responsible for any actions that you may do. I challenge each of you to examine your walk with God and ask:
- Does my walk resemble God?
- Who am I accountable to?
- Does my walk make a statement of responsibility /accountability to God?
I pray that you will take this 5 step life-changing direction and these 3 questions to re-examine and apply it to your daily life. Remember we are responsible for the next generation to know how to be a better person through our walk.
Scripture References: Galatians 6:1-5, 1Thessalonians 5:11, Romans 14:12
God Bless You,
Elder Plezie Small, God’s Pusher
In the Spirit
Spiritual Responsibility is having awareness of exactly who you are and creating the results in your life! By taking responsibility for your choices that shape your life means trusting God or your higher power.
Most people understand that there is an intimate connection between their thoughts and the manifest results in their lives. But what so many don’t understand is which of their thoughts are creating which results! Look at your shadow, the really deeply hidden stuff and acknowledge things you find difficult. Gradually make changes… and watch your body – mind – spirit heal!
Spiritual Responsibility means there are no mysteries as to why your life is the way it is. It means you know how you are attracting in what you have and more importantly, what you can do to change it. It means you can be happy, free, prosperous and spiritually connected as much as you want. It means God is a living; loving presence and that fear no longer consume you!
For this week’s work sheet: Download
For Elder Small’s weekly Mp3 audio message:
Morning Glory Prayer Line Info
- Mondays Only
- 6:30 am – 645 am EST; 5:30 am – 545 am CST; 3:30 am – 345 am PST
- 712 432 0075 code 619506#
Food for Transformation Discussion Group & Forum
To join our member’s community for the first time:
- Go to www.nawomenrise.com
- Follow steps to set up your ‘member’ account
- Set up your profile
- To join group, click on ‘Browse Group’ and search ‘Food for Transformation Spiritual Journey’
- Once there, you will see the following message: (Members must be approved. Food for Transformation Spiritual Journey is accepting new members. If you would like to join, click here to request access from the Group Creator).
- In the ‘message’ box, type in the word ‘SPIRITUALJOURNEY‘ and the group administrator will approve your exclusive member’s only access to group.
To access group after joining member’s community:
- Click, http://nawomenrise.com/group/foodfortransformationspiritualjourney OR
- Click, http://www.nawomenrise.com/, put in your username and password, and search for the group.