- Would you ask your boss for a raise?
- Would you venture out on a new career or start a new business?
- Would you stop choosing unhealthy relationships?
- Would you stop settling in life because you finally realized you deserve better?
- Would you face the issues in your relationship and do what it takes to make it the best ever?
- Would you rekindle that childhood dream and finally make it reality?
- Would you finally figure out what your passion is and bring it into your everyday life?
- Would you challenge yourself to increase your finances to a whole new level?
- Would you walk away from all the drama in your life?
- Would you choose happiness over worry, anger and grief?
The harm is in your head
Believe it or not, you could completely transform your life if you began to make new, healthy choices. The only harm upon you are the thoughts of fear swimming in your head like a whirlpool. The self-inflicted mental torture is the most painful process of all.
Yes, your biggest fears are merely a figment of your imagination! You have either adopted someone else’s fear, watched it on television, or you were raised in a home that shared the fear freely. If each anticipated obstacle were faced pragmatically, like a child’s first steps, you would find ease even in the falls because they are simply part of the learning curve. “Ok, that hurt my bottom a bit, but I can get up and take another step!”
Living in self-judgment, fear of criticism and fear of failure is a state of imprisonment that is holding you back from embracing life to the fullest. As an adult, you have the choice whether you want to continue living this way. You can choose to live by doing rather than by fearing. The reward: A brand new life!
Did you inherit any of these beliefs?
- The world is a scary place.
- Better safe than sorry.
- Money does not grow on trees.
- Do not look at life through rose colored glasses.
- I will not amount to anything.
- True love only exists in fairy tales.
- Opportunities only come to the wealthy.
- I am not good enough.
- I am not smart enough.
- I am not beautiful enough.
- I am not thin enough.
- I am not successful enough.
- I am lazy.
- I am not capable.
- I cannot do it on my own.
- I cannot depend on anyone.
- It is never good enough.
- It has to be perfect.
- You might end up on the street (one of my family’s favorites).
- Life is hard.
Any of those sound familiar? Just writing those thoughts feels draining! What would life be like if these thoughts were deleted from your brain chemistry? How different your life would be if your daily thoughts were the complete opposite.
- The world is safe and full of beautiful and exciting possibilities.
- Money is always available to me and my bank account is growing every day.
- I enjoy challenging myself because I know that I can achieve whatever I set my mind to.
- Opportunities are falling into my lap on a daily basis.
- I am successful at all of my endeavors.
- True love is mine for the taking because I deserve it.
- I am dynamic.
- Perfection is a waste of time and energy.
- I am a winner in every realm of my life.
- My life is fun and full of new adventures.
Do you feel stuck or trapped?
In time spent with thousands of clients over the years, I have heard many say to me, “I feel stuck and trapped in my current life situation.” To those of you that connect with this statement, I am here to share with you that your idea of being stuck or trapped in your career, relationship, health, financial situation or unfulfilled life is simply not true.
Unless you are literally chained to the floor or locked in a closet, which is highly unlikely, your stuck or trapped perspective is truly an illusion you have chosen to live by. This illusion is a creation of your misbehaving imagination. Yes, it may seem completely real. You can give me all of the evidence and circumstances, and I will say the same thing.
Whatever the data, know that your current situation is simply a belief that you have chose to settle for in one or more realms of your life. Settling can stem from misaligned ideas of your self-worth, fear, self-imposed obligations or the unwillingness to take risks.
As a child, you may have been a victim. As an adult, you can make the choice not to be. Once you take responsibility and choose to move forward, there is an abundant world waiting for you.
Allison Maslan, HHP, CCH is president of Blast Off! Life and Business Coaching, an international motivational speaker and No. 1 bestselling author of “Blast Off! The Surefire Success Plan to Launch Your Dreams Into Reality.” She has been an avid entrepreneur building nine of her own businesses in many different industries. She has coached thousands of clients in developing and achieving their own successful life and business ventures. Allison has been an expert guest on several FOX, NBC and ABC news shows across the country. For more information, visit www.MyBlastOff.com.