David Bach’s, “Smart Women Finish Rich”, inspires women to begin planning for a secure financial future, immediately. Women of all age groups and backgrounds can benefit from reading and studying this book.
David Bach created an easy to understand program, which will guide you through your finance maze. Learning about money is a never-ending lesson, because the world and the economy is constantly changing. Today, hundreds of thousands of women are taking action to address their personal finances.
Women need to become empowered and gain financial education, because sadly, a divorce, a death or an illness, can leave women financially destitute if their sole reliance is on their partner to take care of them. Whether you are in your 20’s or your 80’s, single, married, divorced, or widowed; whether you are a professional or a homemaker, this book will empower you to see that you are more than capable of taking stock of your finances and your financial future. This book was designed to equip women with the right tools.
“Smart Women Finish Rich” draws a financial road map that will instruct you on how to go from where you are right now, to where you want to be. David launches into the first step in the book, which covers learning the facts and myths about you and your money. There is a financial knowledge quiz which can be filled out, to determine how knowledgeable you or aren’t, about your personal finances.
- The second step covers putting your money where your values are, which incorporates a values ladder. You can create your own values ladder, which enables you to look deeper within yourself, intensely affirming to you, what is most important to you.
- Step three gets you to think about where you are currently standing financially and where you would like to go. David Bach outlines the “finish rich folder system”, which helps you to begin getting organised. There are some goal setting exercises and worksheets to complete, helping you to figure out where you would like to be. There is a “personal plan for success” worksheet, helping you to overcome your challenges.
- In step four, David talks about the “latte factor” and how to create massive wealth on just a few dollars a week. In step four of the program, you are encouraged to get your spending under control. There are a series of exercises you can use in the book to help you to control your spending.
- In step five of the book, David talks about the “three baskets” – the security basket, the retirement basket, and the dream basket. He states that the security basket protects you and your family against unexpected emergencies or events, the retirement basket safeguards your future, and the dream basket grants you the opportunity to fulfill core desires that make life worthwhile.
- Step six covers the 10 biggest mistakes investors make and how you can avoid making the same mistakes.
- Step seven is particularly helpful in empowering savvy women to teach their children to become smart with money and to “finish rich”.
In the updated edition, David includes crucial long-term investment advice, information on how to teach your children about money, Internet resources, and new ways to attract greater wealth, both personally and financially, into your life.
About Author: Zurieka Model is a leading online entrepreneur and business coach, seeking to help struggling individuals and entrepreneurs to become better financially educated and live a life by design. Finish Rich.