An Interview with Pam Brossman: International Author, Speaker, Trainer & Consultant
Sylvia: Hi Pam, it is such a pleasure to interview you. Please give our readers a brief introduction of yourself and a little about your book.
Pam: Thank you Sylvia. My name is Pam Brossman, Digital Marketing Expert and International Author, Speaker, Trainer and Consultant on the topics of digital marketing and digital communications. I am also the publisher of the international online magazine Social Media Woman which shares the latest social media and online marketing tips tools and strategies for women with online businesses. After 25 years in Corporate Communications, and the birth of my beautiful son Hunter 8 years ago, I soon realized the corporate life was no longer for me so I went in search of a career change. By accident I found myself in the world of online marketing and 5 years on I am now teaching other women entrepreneurs how to create successful brands using the power of digital marketing.
Recently, I launched my brand new book Your Millionaire Attitude which not only takes you on my journey from adversity to success, but also teaches you in each chapter how to reach your own life goals through the power of mindset, attitude, strategy and action.
Sylvia: Wow, very interesting! So, what inspired you to write your first book?
Pam: I had been a contributing author to 5 books previously including Ms. Millionaire, Power of 100, Purse Strings, Relationship Age and Social Wealth Secrets and I knew that I wanted to write my own story at some stage, but I just kept putting it off. Then last year I ran an event for women called SheExperts and I was inspired by how many talented women were in the room, yet who were not reaching their ultimate goals in life and who could not figure out why. This troubled me deeply, and I knew straight away what the problem was. It was their lack of self-belief, direction and action that was holding them back. They all had the knowledge and expertise; they just could not get past the mindset of deserving to be successful. So that is when I decided that I had to write my book. It took me 10 months to find the time to sit down and write the book, but over Christmas I decided to take time out to help these women succeed in 2012. I set myself a challenge and wrote my book in 8 days, published it in 8 weeks and got it on page one of Amazon Kindle for my category in only 3 days. That is the power of having a Millionaire Attitude.
Sylvia: I absolutely love it. Attitude is Everything! Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Pam: The key message in Your Millionaire Attitude that I want my readers to grasp is that everyone is born with the ability to succeed in life no matter where they grew up or what adversities and challenges they have faced in their life. Because success has always been, and will always continue to be, just an attitude. If you stop and ask any successful person out there what the key to their success is, the honest ones will tell you that it is 95% mindset and 5% learning and taking action. If you want something badly enough, your ‘why’ is strong enough, and you believe without a shadow of a doubt that you can achieve it, then you will!
The problem with most people is they have lost their way, given up or just decided to make do with what they have and stopped reaching for their dreams and that makes me sad. Your Millionaire Attitude, through my journey from adversity to success, gives you the steps, tools, templates and action plan to reactivate Your Millionaire Attitude and get back out there and live the life you were born to live.
Sylvia: You are so right. I feel like a millionaire and if I keep that ‘attitude’ in mind as I grow my business, I will achieve my goals. I am claiming it Pam!
Do you have any advice for other writers?
Pam: That’s great Sylvia!
My advice to other writers would be:
- Don’t wait to be published get out there and create your own following by self-publishing
- Make sure you have a promotional strategy lined up to help you get your book out there including using other people’s lists, social media, friends, local papers and promotions including an opt-in box on your website for pre-promotions and ongoing list building and future product up-sells from your book.
- Video trailers work really well for engaging your readers to want to buy your book
- Decide before your write your book what you want your readers to take away and how you want to structure your book to help them move forward with anticipation especially with non-fiction
- Make sure that you provide your book in all mediums. You will be surprised these days how many people like to absorb your book differently. With my book the audio version was the most popular vs. the Kindle
- Lastly, write in conversation style [unless it is an instruction book]. The world has become more social which is why blogging is so popular. The more natural and real your writing style the more people enjoy your book. I have had numerous compliments on my writing style for its ease of reading, understanding and implementation of action steps.
Sylvia: What marketing techniques have you used to sell your books and which ones have been most successful?
Pam: Being an expert in digital marketing I found this part the most fun to be honest. I had a complete marketing strategy in place as part of my 8 week campaign which included:
- Prelaunch video teasers and downloads to get people to opt-in to my list and create a buzz for the launch of the book.
- Promotional invitation to my list for those who wanted to help me share my book with their target market [this worked really well I am booked out for interviews, radio and webinars for the whole of March all for free.
- Video trailer for the launch of my book – this has had a huge impact of viral marketing for my book.
- Free gifts for those who purchased my book off of Kindle on launch day and another free gift if they left me a review [this worked well also].
- I ran an event to launch my book.
- I have my book as my new signature on the bottom of my email for ongoing marketing
- Promotion through online magazines [I teach online magazine creation so my students are promoting my book in their magazines].
- Local paper story.
- Social media [my social networks and friends have marketed it for me] as well Facebook and LinkedIn groups.
Sylvia: Pam, this is great information for other authors. Thank you for so much detail. Why should we buy your book?
Pam: If you feel that you need to reactivate your mindset, attitude and want to learn success strategies to help you think bigger and move forward in all areas of your life then you are going to love this book. This book is for people who are ready to get back out there and live the dream and who need tips, tools and strategies on making it a reality. You only get one chance at life, so if you are not living the dream right now, this book will be the activation button you need to get back out there and get started.
Sylvia: Is there a special place that you prefer when you write?
Pam: My book had been in my head for about 2 years so it was not hard for me to write it. But my mother in-law lives in the country and we went there for Christmas and it was the perfect quiet place to relax and write my book so that is what I did. But I usually do not need a special place, I just focus and write. Having said that, I get a lot of inspiration from the ocean; tend to walk along the beach before doing any creative thinking; or writing for my business.
Sylvia: What projects are you currently working on?
Pam: Funny you should ask Sylvia, so many people were empowered by the fact that I was able to write my book in 8 days, get it self-published globally in less than 8 weeks [including my print version] and get on page 1 with some of the top leading authors in my niche in only 3 days. So now I am teaching people exactly what I did and I have had a huge response. I am also running SheExpert Mastermind workshops in Australia and continue to create digital marketing training programs and webinars for my global community which I just love to do.
Sylvia: What is your POWER WORD? Why this word? (A power word is a word that has great effect to the person hearing or reading it. My power word is EMPOWER)
Pam: My power word is obviously ATTITUDE. Without attitude you do not have the ‘drive’ required to succeed. Attitude is what every chapter of my book is about and stands for:
A = Attitude
T = Think Bigger
T = Teachers | mentors
I = Implementation
D = Determination
E = Elevation
Attitude IS the key to SUCCESS! Success really is just an ATTITUDE.
Sylvia: Your trailer video for your book is quite emotional, was it hard for you to create this video and was there a reason you shared your adversity with the world?
Pam: Sylvia to tell you the truth when I came up with the idea to create a trailer for the promotion of my book, I was not really sure how much of my story I was going to include. My videographer read my book before the shoot and said she would just throw some questions at me and just film and see what we got. The more she asked about my past adversities and family tragedy the more I went back in time. I did not realize just how raw the memories still were until I started sharing my story with the camera.
At first I was hesitant to include the emotional footage, as the tragedy impacted not only me but other members of my family. But when I showed them the footage they loved how beautifully the videographer captured my story and they believed it would help others who may be stuck in their life and gave me their blessing. So that is how the video came to be.
The feedback from the video has been humbling and the lives my book has already changed in only 4 weeks has made writing this book so worthwhile for me. My goal for this book was to help people move forward and live the dream and if I can inspire just one person to get back out there and have a go then I will have achieved my purpose for this book.
Sylvia: Pam, it has been a pleasure. Where can my readers buy your book?
Pam: Thank you Sylvia. My contact information is as follows:
Online Magazine: http://www.socialmediawoman.com