With so many associations and online communities geared toward women entrepreneurs available, one may wonder what makes this national association for women different. National Association Women on the Rise is for aspiring and established women entrepreneurs. The association’s mission is to provide professional and personal resources while uplifting and empowering women entrepreneurs through collaboration, education, mentoring, spiritual and peer support, leadership and networking. What makes this national association different? You!
All business owners face certain challenges, but women, often have additional challenges and obstacles. Most of us are not only entrepreneurs, but mothers, wives, best friends and more. We are faced with a lot of demands on our time. Creating a work life balance is paramount! Understanding the unique challenges women face, NAWR is proactive in its approach and plan to focus initiatives around ‘five pillars.’
- Health & Wellness
- Financial Wealth
NAWR’s Founder Sylvia Browder says, “Yes, most of us have mastered the skills of running successful businesses, but are we taking the same care for our health, i.e., scheduling annual exams, having a good skin care regimen and exercising regularly? Do we have a good understanding of our financial portfolio? Are we spiritually grounded? NAWR’s purpose is simple: to bring women entrepreneurs smart business and personal strategies and tips for their thriving businesses; to share expert resources in the areas of beauty, entrepreneurship, financial wealth, health & wellness and spirituality.” Here is a closer look at each of NAWR’s pillars.
A beauty regimen is vital for the health, vitality, and appearance of your skin. “As working women, we are constantly faced with the challenge of balancing work and life. Often times, we find ourselves throwing off “weights” that we deem as a burden in an effort to save time. I often see this with women when it comes to their beauty routines,” says Tracey Brown, CEO of Brown Beauty Consulting and founder of BlingingBeauty.com. Brown also serves as NAWR’s National Expert Beauty Advisor. She will be offering advice in the following areas:
- Daily, weekly, monthly and seasonal regimens: a personal beauty calendar
- Products to use, necessary treatments and personal self-evaluations
- Skin care, makeup, hair and body care advice
Knowledge is power! Women need support and resources that they can turn to for information about a wide variety of topics. NAWR is passionate about providing growth strategies for women entrepreneurs including resources for financing options, strategic planning, round table discussions and access to various professional resources. In addition, we offer:
- Group Coaching – One of the unique benefits of NAWR’s membership is access to professional coaching. Life coaching assists individuals with identifying, developing and creating a plan for personal and professional goals. One of the huge benefits of coaching is clarifying and overcoming roadblocks. This is a phenomenal opportunity for members to gain increased confidence and awareness and goal achievement. Sessions are designed to include both business and life issues. Coach Cheryl Pullins, CEO of Victorious Living International and Coach Tiffany Lymon, CEO of Pearls of Pursuit Coaching will each provide monthly ‘hot seat’ coaching sessions.
- Networking – NAWR has built an amazing community for women to connect, collaborate and grow. In fact, our community was recently selected as ’10 Ning Networks You Need to Know,’ by Black Enterprise.com. Members have an opportunity to expand their business knowledge and contacts with other members through monthly meetings, by joining groups, participating in forum discussion, posting blog articles and share resources.
- Personal and Professional Development – NAWR provides members with interesting and distinguished guest speakers; access to monthly workshops and tele-seminars relevant to the success of members both personally and professionally; quarterly round table discussions by industry experts; and access to like-minded women’s experiences, support and mentoring
Health & Wellness
According to Misty Humphrey, Certified Holistic Nutrition Educator, “Our health dictates every decision we make each and every day. Now we know that as we age, our good health helps us with stability, independence, vitality, longevity and self confidence. We are Professionals, Mothers, Daughters, Wives, Partners, we are naturally, care takers. Too often, we forget how to care for ourselves.” Humphrey serves as NAWR’s National Expert ‘Health & Wellness’ Advisor and provide members with monthly articles, tips, resources and oversees ‘Nourishing Women’ group in our member community.
One of the benefits of joining NAWR is to take advantage of our Women, Money and Power series. This series is led by Tamara Haskins, CEO and Founder of Haskins Wealth Management Group, Inc. Haskins says, “We are educators who believe in providing our members with the information and resources that empower them to make smart financial decisions.” Haskins, with over 20 years of experience in accounting and financial planning, will, will help members of NAWR take control of their own financial destiny! She will provide monthly webinars and oversee the member’s forum.
In essence, spirituality is the search to know our true selves. Elder Plezie Small, Founder of Women of Change Ministry International, says “Building a relationship with God starts with recognizing the King that lives within.” Do you want to deepen your faith and feel closer to your higher power? Small serves as NAWR’s National Expert ‘Spiritual’ Advisor, offering members a 52 week ‘Food for Transformation Spiritual Journey.’ In addition, she helps members:
- Establish and strengthen your spiritual connection
- Create a spiritual practice to fit your busy lifestyle
- Shift your affiliation with spirituality from ‘something you do’ into a ‘way of living.’
In conclusion, NAWR offers more than just networking; we build business relationships, friendships, and strive to make positive differences in the lives of our members.