As a working mum you certainly have your hands full. What with monitoring your daughters’ homework, ferrying your son to football or deciding what to cook for evening meal, it is hard to fit in time for yourself – especially if you are self-employed or thinking of starting up your own company, it can be impossible to find quiet time, to rest and nurture yourself. Bearing this in mind what can you do to find “me-time”; to find a time where you can go inside, reflect and listen to your heart song? Is it possible, in the midst of your daily life to carve a space out for yourself? To be still? To surrender to the present moment and be?
YES You Can…
When you make time to meditate you allow yourself to soar. You give yourself permission to explore the glory of your heart and breathe life, inspiration into your being. Nothing can beat that moment, that mystery of possibility meeting impossibility, the rags and richness of life uniting as one.
As a busy modern day mum, my life is full. Too full at times. Yet over the years I have managed to find a system, a simple one, which allows me to breathe. A system so simple that at times I wonder why I didn’t find it before. Why I had to wait till death’s door was knocking me in the face and my soul at rock bottom before I found this life-affirming way of being.
What Did I Do?
I learnt to meditate. I learnt how to master the crazy mind-bursting notes busting through my brain. Me, of all people, learnt how to be still. To listen and be present. That might be no big deal for you, but for me and thousands of other overworked, tired mums, to have five minutes peace and quiet -is a god-send. And now you too can learn how to capture your inner heart song.
How Can You Capture Your Inner Heart Song?
What’s your inner-heart song? What stirs and ignites you to get up, feed the children, do all the many things you do – yet still desire to find the time, to “be more” – to explore all aspects of your being? If you don’t know what your inner-heart song is; don’t worry. You have got one. We all do. Maybe you just haven’t had the time, energy, love or support to find your inner-heart song. Don’t worry. Its there. Inside of you.
Over the next few days, I am going to go within, listen and create “some sort of programme”, not sure exactly what – but I have a calling, a desire to share my love and passion for silence with you. I have a calling to bring forth my genius and encourage you to reconnect with your beauty; to support you achieve your greatness. Through silence. Through reconnecting with your breath. Through listening to the music of your soul, together, you and I will find a way to be.
If you are curious as to what to expect, what meditation is, take a few more moments to read some of the benefits I have experienced through learning how to meditate.
The following points are the seven essential benefits I gained through meditation
- Meditation helps to strengthen the mind: Meditation involves concentrating the mind on a single point of focus. If you are going through an emotional challenging situation, you mind can feel weak and thoughts scattered. The more you practice meditation the easier it becomes for you to regain control of your thoughts and focus your energy on positive outcomes for yourself.
- Meditation encourages you to take time to love and care for your inner wellbeing: When you meditate you are still and more able to reconnect with your inner beauty and heart-song. This leads to an enhanced sense of emotional and spiritual wellness.
- Meditation promotes effective breathing habits: Most people do not know how to breathe correctly. Part of learning how to meditate involves learning how to breathe properly. Proper breathing helps to cleanse, balance and stimulate the body.
- Meditation gives you strength to forgive others and yourself: Meditation allows you to “go within” yourself and listen to the quiet voice within your heart. You learn to see the impermanence of life and with time, allow yourself to let go of old emotional baggage and hurt.
- Meditation enhances your intuition and sense of curiosity and wonder in the world: As a woman, you are naturally creative and intuitive. The pressures of every-day modern life, often leads you to mistrust and doubt the value of your “feminine intuition”. As you deepen your meditation practice you regain this innate gift and ability
- Meditation promotes positive and healthy thoughts: A major benefit of meditation is it allows you to explore your innermost thoughts, memories and dreams. It reconnects you with your inner goodness and light. What you feel inside shows in your attitude and behaviours.
- Meditation affirms your connection to humankind and joyfulness of life: The true goal of yoga and meditation is to experience the oneness of life. To see the good in everyone. As you meditate you lose all sense of your ego. Your ability to connect with and understand where others are coming from, who may be from a different class, background or religion, is strengthen as you focus on the similarities of your relationship.
If you are thinking about meditation and wonder what difference it might make to your inner health and wellbeing, you will soon find out. Just check in here, every now and then… Together we will find a way to stretch, grow, breathe and be the best you came to be.
About Author: Ntathu Allen guides and teaches busy women how to de-stress and relax through yoga. Author, Blogger, Yoga and Meditation Teacher, Ntathu offers you easy yoga routines to weave through your day so you feel alert, energized and nurtured. Mother of three creative teen daughters, yoga and writing helps Ntathu to be present and enjoy life.