Being plagued with skin that is constantly oily and greasy in appearance can seem like a curse. You might have tried every product out there for drying out the pores in your skin to prevent that shiny and sometimes embarrassing look. What can you do to finally have a healthy look for your greasy oily skin? For a real natural solution, follow these tips.
Watch Out for Alcohol
- Beware of those products containing alcohol meant for drying up the oil in your skin. While you might have a tendency to assume this is the way to clearing up the oil, you are in fact making it worse when you use these products.
- Dried out skin will cause oil glands to produce even more out of defense of your skin. Drying skin care products like astringents and toners are the worst thing you can put on oily skin.
Are You Making It All Worse?
- Do you use soap on your skin for cleansing? Maybe you feel as though you need to scrub and wash your skin more than just a couple of times during the day to reduce greasy oil skin.
- You should know this is not the way to controlling your overactive oil glands. In fact, this will help to aggravate the problem by irritating the skin. Irritation is one reason the sebaceous glands produce more sebum, the natural oil in your skin, for moisturizing and healing protection.
Eating the Right Foods
- You might have heard myths about which foods you can eat that will increase the oil on your skin. While many of these myths are false, the one you should pay mind to is one about foods high in fats. Fried foods are not the only fatty foods you should take in small portions, but any foods high in bad fats will help to increase the appearance of greasy oily skin.
- Using skin care products that have chemicals in them like alcohol, parabens, and other harsh components will make your skin worse when experiencing the side effects of overactive sebaceous glands. Taking gentle care of your skin with all natural ingredients is the best way to clearing up your greasy oily skin troubles.
If you’re interested in learning more about how to get rid of oily skin, you’ll want to read the ultimate guide to oily skin treatment on my website, where I share exactly what anti-aging skin care tips and tricks I use for effective, and fast results.
About Author: Ingela Johansson believes in taking good care of her whole self by healthy habits like a balanced diet, quality supplements and using the best natural skin care products, as she is passionate about keeping a youthful appearance and glowing skin.