In today’s economy, a low cost and effective marketing strategy for your business is more important than ever. Many business owners use social media as part of their marketing plan. The question is, ‘Are you using the right tools to effectively manage your time and reach your target audience?’
There are literally thousands of tools available! So many that It can become a daunting task to research and select the most efficient ones to manage a solid social media presence. So, what’s in your toolkit? From my toolkit to yours, here are 11 essential tools to consider:
- Type Pad, a web based proprietary blog software program.
- WordPress, web software you can use to create a website or blog.
- Facebook, to connect with people and brands.
- LinkedIn, a business-oriented social networking site.
- Flicker, online photo management and sharing application.
- Photo bucket, the place to store, create, and share your photos and videos for life.
- Zooomr, share unlimited photos with family, friends and the entire world.
- Basecamp, a web-based project-management tool.
- PB Works, world’s largest provider of hosted collaboration solutions for business and education.
- Zoho, a feature-rich online project management software.
- Google Reader, a web based aggregator that archive news and other RSS feeds from blogs and tools.
- Delicious, collection of bookmarks
- Digg, a place for people to discover and share content from anywhere on the web.
- Twitter, real-time information network to connect, communicate and monitor conversations that interest you.
- Blog Search, provides fresh, relevant search results from millions of feed- enabled blogs. Users can search for blogs or blog posts.
- Technorati, to help bloggers succeed by collecting, highlighting, and distributing the global online conversation.
- Blip TV, the place to discover the best in original web series, from professional and up-and-coming producers.
- YouTube, allows billions of people to discover watch and share originally-created videos.
- Feed burner, a web feed management tool that provides custom RSS feeds and management tools to bloggers, podcasters, and other web-based content publishers.
- Hoot suite, a social media dashboard that can manage multiple social media accounts, assign tasks to team members and track/monitor your presence.
- Ping.fm, a simple and FREE service that makes updating your social networks a snap!
- Social Oomph, schedules tweets, Facebook updates, auto-following, auto-Direct Messaging, managing multiple accounts and
tracking activity related to your profiles.
- Twitter Feed, used to syndicate content to multiple social media profiles such as your latest blog post shared on twitter, Facebook etc.
In conclusion, by selecting the proper tools to fit your needs, will allow you to leverage your time and online activities.