When the world seems to fall down around us there is always one refuge that is safe and secure. That refuge is found in God and is affirmed through his Word. Use the following Bible verses to meditate on the goodness of God when you need encouragement, hope, and inspiration.
- Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.
This inspirational verse has pulled me through many dark and difficult days. As a believer, I know that God has promised that things will get better. He has redeemed me so that I can live an eternally blessed life with Him. Though I may not be able to see through to the end of the darkness, I know that there is a light and there is hope because of these words of assurance written by the prophet Jeremiah.
- Psalms 46:1-2a God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear.
Any time you need assurance that you are not alone remember these words from the Psalms. Nothing we face takes God by surprise, and we face nothing alone. He is a hiding place, and He will give you strength to face every obstacle in your life.
- Romans 8:35, 38-39 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?…For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
At times, even the greatest among us can feel all alone. The verse above reminds us that no matter where we go or what we do nothing can separate us from the love of God. His love is unconditional, unending, and unfailing. Thank God for such a great gift of love.
- Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.
Here is further assurance of God’s promise to be with us. Because He is near to us we need not fear. In fact, as this Bible verse directs us we can find strength and courage in the nearness of God.
- John 11:35 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies: and whoever lives and believes in me will never die — “
Of all the Bible verses that offer hope and inspiration none are more poignant than those that offer hope of eternal life through Jesus Christ. John 11:35 is just a sample of the many verses that affirm that life and hope are found in Him. Because Christ is the resurrection and one day He arose from the grave, we, too, through belief in him have a hope of eternal resurrection and a life beyond.
About Author: Wendy Dawn enjoys research and writing on various topics. Her areas of professional expertise include history, teaching, and fitness. Wendy’s passions include health, fitness, wellness, and weight loss. She is a unique and eclectic individual with training and experience in investigations, management, parenting, and counseling. She also enjoys arts and entertainment. Her greatest passion is her love for God and her family.