We live in a society that is heavily driven by visual stimulation. It is no secret regarding the exorbitant amount of dollars that women spend each year on lotions and potions to keep their skin glowing.
Even with all the hocus pocus advertising, multibillion dollar corporations are spending there are still a select group of women who do not invest extra time in presenting themselves in the best fashion. Many women state that they don’t want to wear makeup, put on skirts, have their eyebrows sculpted etc…This is truly a personal choice. It is also crucial to understand that in making such a choice you could be missing out on many benefits that come with having a polished look. We call it going the extra mile.
In order to present your best self, it is important that you make a personal commitment to dress for success each and every day. Especially, on those days that you do not feel like doing a single thing to yourself. One of my mentors, taught me to dress against the grain! Decide to dress for the promotion or position you are seeking. Dress your best and settle for nothing less!
When you make the commitment to put your best foot forward, this will require internal discipline. Make certain that you have a backup plan for the days your spirit is really down in the dumps. A girl’s girl is a must. Translation: A cute wig that fits your face, personality and is event appropriate. It should not look like a Saturday night party girl when you’re about to step into a professional office suite.
Before you walk outside the door take a moment to check and see if you are A game ready:
- Natural makeup, sculpted brows, lubricated lips
- Hair neatly groomed or put on your girl’s girl
- Clean manicured hands and pedicured feet
- Skin moisturized especially around elbows, knees and ankles
- Fresh body scent preferably a soft fragrance that attracts, not repels
- Pleasant breath for instant conversations that might arise
- Garments appropriate for body shape and non-distracting undergarments
- Shoes free of scuff marks, always remember excellence is in the details
- Complimentary accessories that add a touch of femininity to your overall look
The most important thing to remember in presenting your best self is that it is more important how you see yourself than how others see you. The extra time you choose to spend in personal grooming will be well worth it! So go ahead and show off that beautiful smile, you deserve it all because of a life changing decision to go the extra mile.
Kristie Kennedy, Women’s Empowerment Speaker
2010-2011 American Image National Pageant Queen
Professional Makeup Artist/Brow Sculptor
Custom Jewelry Designer, Author and Recording Artist