With the Cold and Flu season upon us, learn the Top 7 Ways to Boost Your Immune System Now, so it will be able to fight off the viruses and bacteria more quickly and you can recover faster. These are recommended guidelines for people of any age, even children.
Here are the Top 7 Ways to boost your immune system now:
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep. I know…people are always saying this, but it really is one of the most important things you can do for your body to rest and recover. On a regular basis, go to bed and rise at the same time everyday to keep your sleep/wake cycles the same.
- Eat Health Food and Avoid the Bad ones. Try and eat protein at every meal if you can like eggs, a protein shake, beans, lean meat, tree nuts, seeds, and humus. Also, whole grains are a must, and avacados are very good for you. Avoid refined sugars as they weaken your immune system. If you come down with a cold, avoid dairy and citrus completely during this time to reduce phlem and congestion.
- Keep your bowels moving- we often don’t want to talk about this one, but is very important to keep the toxins moving out of your body through your digestive tract. I recommend Herblax, if taken daily it will keep you regular.
- Increase the good flora (good bacteria) in your gut/intestines as they are the first line of defense for your immune system. I recommend the Optiflora Probiotic, along with the prebiotic powder to help feed the good bacteria.
- Drink plenty of fluids – As a general rule of thumb, you should drink half of your body weight in ounces each day. Good, clean, water is recommended. We personally use a reverse osmosis water filetration system at our house and I can actually say the water tastes like it should (no taste) and I really do want to drink it, which was not the case many years ago as I would drink any other drink available to me other than plain water.
- You must Supplement – With the average American diet these days, all of us are lacking in our daily allowance of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, etc to help boost our bodies and function at our optimal level. Check out my article on Women’s and Men’s health and nutrition for the best natural supplements for adults.
- Reduce Stress – Many of us take on too many activities, are way over stressed, and our immune system suffers because of it. I recommend Stress Relief Complex with Ashwagandha root and other natural herbs to reduce high levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
It may also be a good idea to have a few extra things on hand for when you do come down with a cold of flu so you can start on it fast. I recommend olive leaf extract capsules, Defend & Resist, Immunity Formula I, Echinacea/Goldendseal, and Astragalus. The best ways to boost your immune system now are right at your fingertips. Other than making some healthy lifestyle changes that were mentioned above, you can use these to boost your immune system starting today!